Search This Blog

Friday, November 27, 2009

Family Warmth on Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving used to be one of my favorite holidays, but after becoming a vegetarian two and a half years ago and learning the true history of the tradition, I became disillusioned.

But none of that stopped me from having a wonderful time with family this year. I was relieved to get a couple of days off work, and I've used them for the most part to relax, enjoy, and catch up. I am thankful for this and MANY other things including

1) Love

2) Warmth

3) Food (mostly of the plant variety)

4) Appreciation

5) Energy

6) Health (crucial considering the backward health care legislation)

7) Purpose (the most essential ingredient for life)

8) Music

9) Information

10) Opportunity

11) Relationships

12) Inner peace

13) Consciousness

14) Adulthood

15) Compassion

No comments: